Power and DamsCastle Mountain Hydroelectric Project Ltd.
- Client Name Castle Mountain Hydro Ltd
- Location British Columbia
- Sector Power and Dams
- Start Date 2010
- End Date 2018
Castle Mountain Hydroelectric Project involved the planning, design, and construction of an independent power project on Castle Creek in the Robson Valley, BC.
DWB was retained by Castle Mountain Hydro in the planning stages of the projects for both engineering and environmental services. This included completing feasibility studies for the project, survey and layout, followed by project management, survey and design of access to the site, hydrotechnical analysis and studies, and the full design of the intake, penstock, powerhouse, and outlet structures. The environmental aspects included environmental plans, monitoring, permitting, reporting, and auditing as the construction progressed.
Castle Creek Hydroelectric Project was a large multi-disciplinary project for DWB, incorporating both the engineering and environmental departments over the course of several years. DWB was integral in the planning portion of the project, as well as in designing the access road, crossings (road and pipeline), and the intake, penstock, powerhouse and outlet channel, and developing and implementing the various environmental aspects and mitigation/compensation for the project.
- Feasibility testing
- Land, UAV, and hydrographic surveys and layout
- Hydrology and hydraulics for all structures
- Design and drawings for:
- Access roads
- All crossings, including the bridge, road crossings, and penstock crossing
- Intake structure
- Powerhouse and outlet channel
- Ramping rate study
- Post-construction reports and record drawings
- Environmental plans, including the overall Construction Environmental Management Plan and various smaller environmental management plans and reports
- Environmental impact summary
- Environmental permits/ referrals
- Environmental monitoring reports
- Fish compensation design and recommendations
- Water sampling
- Environmental auditing during construction
- Post-construction reports